List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] New Working Group established to evaluate the stable tree
From:       Chris Reffett <creffett () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2016-08-14 22:06:40

On August 14, 2016 5:49:48 PM EDT, Kent Fredric <kentnl@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 22:45:07 +0100
> Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > What's a Working Group, and how is it related to a Project? Shouldn't
> > there be a GLEP to define what a Working Group is first?
>
> So if a group of people wanted to write such a GLEP ... would they have
> to be part of a defined Project first, or would they form a Working
> Group, and then be stuck in a recursive loop needing themselves
> defined before they can define themselves?

Friendly reminder that anyone may submit a GLEP, it doesn't need to be on behalf of \
an official group. If memory serves, there isn't even a requirement that the \
submitter/"champion" even be a Gentoo dev. So although there is a theoretical \
recursion issue, in practice it's a silly question.

creffett