List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: new global use flag: luajit
From:       waltdnes () waltdnes ! org
Date:       2016-07-15 22:58:22

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 11:23:37PM +0200, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 4:34 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >> I'd rather avoid adding more of this until we figure out what to do
> >> about multiple Lua versions. The Lua5.1/5.2 split is still stuck
> >> nowhere, and luajit is yet another variant to handle.
> >
> > If we don't do this, the only way to add luajit support to dev-lua/busted is to
> > propegate the local use flag into all of its dependencies [1], and that is
> > what I'm trying to avoid.
>
> rspamd has (since [1]) used the jit flag to distinguish between lua
> and luajit for a while. Then, lua is about lua support in general, and
> jit can select between lua and luajit. This is maybe not the best
> solution, but not so bad either, in my view.

  Seamonkey and Firefox both have a "jit" USE flag, which I doubt has
anything to do with lua/luajit.  "lua" and "luajit" appear to be
languages.  They should have flags just like fortran and gcj.  It appear
that the default is "-luajit", and "luajit" turns it on.  BTW...

grep ":luajit " /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc | wc -l

...gives 17 hits.  It looks like a good candidate for "globalization".
Note the trailing space.  There are 2 for USE flag "luajittex" for
app-text/texlive-core and dev-texlive/texlive-basic

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>