List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Need help replacing remaining python.eclass uses
From:       Michał Górny <mgorny () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2016-06-26 17:22:42

Hello, everyone.

We've pretty far outnumbered python.eclass packages but there are still
many left. Some of them are really old, unmaintained and don't even
build anymore which makes converting a rather tiresome job -- when
instead of doing plain conversion you end up figuring if you should
lastrite the damn thing or...

I'd really appreciate if we could get some help figuring that out.
There's a pretty good list at:

https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/depcands-all.txt

This lists all potential candidates for python-r1 eclass use (with
suggested eclass in []), including packages using python.eclass
and depending on dev-lang/python directly. A few packages may be a bit
incorrect (e.g. old version of mesa is listed due to || dep), few were
converted while leaving old -9999.

What would be most helpful to try and convert some of the packages,
especially if you are the maintainer. When the list becomes a bit
shorter, I'll start filing bugs for the remaining packages. However,
I'd rather avoid filing ~144 bugs.

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,