List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder: ALLARCHES
From:       waltdnes () waltdnes ! org
Date:       2016-05-04 20:43:19

On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 04:05:50PM -0400, Ian Stakenvicius wrote
> On 04/05/16 03:43 PM, waltdnes@waltdnes.org wrote:
> >
> > emerge --keyword-write
> >
> > ... similar to "emerge --autounmask-write", but have it write to
> > package.accept_keywords, rather than package.unmask?
> >
> >   That would achieve the effect that people are looking for, with less
> > work.
> >

> --autounmask-write modifies package.mask, package.accept_keywords and
> package.use already, FYI -- has done so since its inception so far as
> I'm aware..

  The emerge man page does mention unmasking packages and setting
package.use with --autounmask, but not keywords

--autounmask [ y | n ]
   Automatically unmask packages and generate package.use  settings
   as  necessary to satisfy dependencies.

***BUT***

--autounmask-unrestricted-atoms [ y | n ]
  If --autounmask is enabled, keyword and mask changes using  the
  ´=´  operator  will be written

  This is confusing, to say the least.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>