List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re : Cannot see my eclass modifications
From:       Farid BENAMROUCHE <fariouche () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2016-04-30 19:03:19

Hi all,

 I'm currently developping a patch for user.eclass, but I'm
 banging my head against a wall...

 So for testing first, I've setup an overlay, and I now that
 it is taken in account by portage (If I rename portage's
 user.eclass, emerge is still working. If I remove my
 overlay, emerge complains about missing user eclass. So my
 overlay is actually working)
 I've modified enewgroup and egetent for example and put some
 einfo and also modified some other stuffs to be sure that
 I'm entering the function....

 Then emerge sys-power/nut, I can see the pkg-setup traces,
 just after the call to enewgroup... but still cannot see my
 eclass modifications!
 I tried to modify directly the
 /usr/portage/eclass/user.eclass file, but still the same
 issue...
 I'm totally puzzled about this point! I'm most likely
 missing a stupid point somewhere...

 Anyone knows what could be the problem? Please let me know
 what traces/info you need and I will post them.

 Thank you!