List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] [Proposal] Eclass for nodejs modules
From:       Andrew Udvare <audvare () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-02-29 23:24:46

On 29/02/16 03:23, Geaaru wrote:

> In conclusion, it seems that is not accepted use of nodejs modules
> ebuild inside portage. It is right?

There used to be a CoffeeScript ebuild if you search back. I do not
remember how it worked but IIRC I think it was basically just creating a
fake root for itself. The distfile itself was just that node_modules/
directory in a tarball. No direction on how those dependencies could be
shared, so it is no longer in the tree.

Andrew