List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] games.eclass policy
From:       "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva () mva ! name>
Date:       2016-02-23 16:42:01

17.02.2016 21:32, Denis Dupeyron пишет:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 12:39 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> developers who did what they cared about and ignored everything and
>> everyone else.
>>
> I don't know if I'm an exception to the rule, but I've always had fruitful
> interactions with the games team. I never felt they ignored me.
And I do (both on bz and IRC).

>> games team sole claim to games in gentoo.
>>
>  Not true. I've been maintaining games for a decade and have never been on
> the team.
And so I. In gamerlay. And then hasufell comes and said something like
that: gamerlay is unneded and just stealing users from games team. And
people should contribute to sunrise=>gentoo, and not in the "3party
overlays with bad review quality".

;)

And, as for me personally, I'm pretty fine with contributing ebuilds,
that I maintain, in overlays, and do not see the point for finishing
quizzes and joining dev teams (anyway, time to time, some developers
taking my ebuilds, editing them to gentoo-tree-quality state and
commiting it to the tree, lol ;) ).