List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] RFC: subprojects of Emacs project
From:       Ulrich Mueller <ulm () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2015-05-20 14:11:11

There are two new subprojects of the Emacs project. As required by
GLEP 39, I am sending this RFC e-mail for them:

- https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:GNU_Emacs
  The GNU Emacs project (emacs@gentoo.org) will maintain
  app-editors/emacs, app-emacs/*, and other related packages.

- https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:XEmacs
  The XEmacs project (xemacs@gentoo.org) will maintain
  app-editors/xemacs, app-xemacs/*, and other related packages.

Everything else (e.g. app-editors/mg, app-editors/zile) will stay with
the existing parent project
(https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Emacs, emacs@gentoo.org).

As it is proposed that herds should be abandoned, we are not going to
update the existing emacs and xemacs herds now, but will wait for a
general solution.

Ulrich