List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: PowerPC meeting minutes - 05/15/15
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2015-05-17 16:58:51

Jack Morgan posted on Sun, 17 May 2015 07:14:41 -0700 as excerpted:

> (b) gnome/kde desktop support --Based on whether systemd works or not,
> we will evaluate continuing supporting these desktops. I believe systemd
> is required for gnome for example. I'm not sure of the state of kde,
> need to test it. For now, we consider these desktops stable on powerpc
> and will reevaluate this at a future date.

For kde4 at least, KDE had a policy /not/ requiring systemd.  I'm not
sure on kde5 (the apps for which aren't even in the tree yet, I believe,
but it's coming... tho I've been unable to get kwin5 working on amd64
here with radeon native kernel/mesa/xorg drivers), but I /believe/
they're keeping the same policy as I've not seen otherwise.

Of course I've no idea of kde ppc status.