List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Current Gentoo Git setup / man-in-the-middle attacks
From:       "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva () mva ! name>
Date:       2015-03-31 6:49:50

Yes, we should add possibilities, but not revoke them from user.
That is a Gentoo Philosophy.
We shouldn't enforce users to anything that, as we think, is better for them.
Even about security.

And yes, we even shouldn't forbid them to install heartbleaded openssl
(thankfully, users is free to do that themselves from local overlays).

--
Best regards,
mva