List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] about the stable requests
From:       hasufell <hasufell () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2015-01-31 20:09:22

Agostino Sarubbo:
> Looks like everyone is file stable requests with own
> rules or better to say is without common rules.
> I'd like to document a sort of best-practice(s) on
> our wiki.
>
> Who want to partecipate?

I don't think we need specific rules here. Packages and upstreams are
different, so the time and circumstance of stabilizations can and should
differ.

But what makes sense is to document what the maintainers have to take
care of (or in other words what is out of scope for arch teams) like:
* test reverse deps
* test packages with USE="-*" and USE="+all +use +flags"
* something else?