List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Python-r1 migration guide and request for help
From:       Michał Górny <mgorny () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2014-12-28 0:17:22

Hello, developers.

As you can see on [1], we came pretty far in getting the tree fully
-r1. However, there's still around 500 packages needing direct
attention. While many of them are relatively easy to convert, building
and testing takes time, and as you can imagine I'm unable to do it all
myself :).

So spending the last few days on converting some random packages,
I have noted all important conversion details and wrapped them into
a new python.eclass conversion guide [2] (with examples!). I'd
appreciate any comments on the guide, especially if something needs to
be clarified or added.

Therefore, I ask: please take some time to convert your packages to
python-r1 and friends. If you have the time but no packages to convert,
please take a look at [3] or [4]. [3] lists dependencies of
already-converted packages that were not converted -- remember to add
PYTHON_USEDEP to the parent packages as necessary afterwards. [4] just
lists all Python packages that can be converted.

Thanks for all the help.

[1]:http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/python-r1/conversion.xhtml
[2]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Python/Python.eclass_conversion
[3]:http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/python-r1/depcands.txt