List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] reinvigorating Gentoo games development
From:       Tim Harder <radhermit () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2014-08-26 5:33:19

Hi all,

For those not following council meeting discussions, I volunteered to
help new devs join the games herd/team in order to foster discussion
about its future path and move towards electing a more active team lead
in a month or so.

Just to make things clear, although I'm currently in the games herd I
have no interest or time to be lead and don't work regularly enough on
games in Gentoo for that to make any sense. I just want to help bring in
new devs that feel left out from the current, often unresponsive team to
aid development.

I imagine several potentially interested devs will want to change some
current game policies (such as seen in [1]) before they consider joining
so there may be a chicken and egg situation. However, anyone interested
in games on Gentoo should either respond here or ping me on IRC and I'll
try to organize things.

Finally, I don't want non-devs and the community at large to feel left
out either so hopefully discussions can include more on reviewing
contributions, overlays, and other ways for the community to interact
positively. I know this has been brought up in several previous threads
(such as [2]), but most of them seemed to trail off without any firm
resolution or guidance for interested community members.

Thanks,
Tim

1: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/91839
2: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/88570