List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: calling all eclass phase functions by default
From:       Sergey Popov <pinkbyte () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2014-08-18 12:19:21

18.08.2014 16:04, hasufell пишет:
>> You have my strong opposition on such change as well. It will turn
>> ebuilds into unreadable and undpredictable mess, please do not do that
>>

> They are already fairly unreadable and unpredictable.

For you - maybe. But not for me.

I am NOT talking about hacks like putting additional *.as files through
echo(hello Boost ebuild) or doing something crazy with subshells.

But most of the eclass and ebuilds are readable quite simple if you read
devmanual, PMS and have a brain.

Of course, there are sometimes non-trivial stuff that is hard to read.

But majority of ebuilds and eclasses are fine to understand and predict.

So, without examples from you, this discussion will lead to nowhere, so,
please let's stop it.

--
Best regards, Sergey Popov
Gentoo developer