List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] New Project: Hardened musl
From:       "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2014-06-23 21:57:26

On 06/23/14 14:07, Alexander Hof wrote:
> Anthony G. Basile dixit:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'd like to announce a new subproject of Hardened Gentoo, Hardened musl
>> [1].
> This is awesome, thanks! I'm really looking forward to see a complete
> desktop working with musl.
>
> I will soon try it out and experiment with it.
>
> Best regards,
> Alex

I do want to build an XFCE4 desktop like I did with uclibc, but this is
low on the priority list --- it would be just for fun.   I see the
stage3's as the really useful entities.   You can "grow" them into the
system you want, or use them as a development springboard for building
true embedded systems the way, for example, Realtime And Tiny (RAT)
Gentoo uses my uclibc stages [1].

[1] http://www.anticore.org/ratgentoo/

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.