List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] vim and gvim package split
From:       Alessandro DE LAURENZIS <just22.adl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-10-31 22:02:12

I guess this is an already debated topic, but I only found this very
old thread on the subject:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/4328

which contains the original communication of the ebuild split and some
discussions and observations that probably are no more applicable.

I'm absolutely convinced that one of the gentoo strengths is the USE
variable handling compile time options, so I do not see any points to
split packages when not absolutely needed.

In case of vim-core/vim/gvim (and vim-qt?), I cannot understand
the reason... Are still there advantages in doing so?

Thanks for your time

--
Alessandro DE LAURENZIS
[mailto:just22.adl@gmail.com]