List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] unstable/testing keywords
From:       Ulrich Mueller <ulm () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2013-09-23 16:05:14

> I can't find any documented details for "unstable keywords" besides
> the man pages listed above.

It is defined in the PMS [1]:

   ~arch: The package version and the ebuild are believed to work and
   do not have any known serious bugs, but more testing is required
   before the package version is considered suitable for obtaining
   a stable keyword. This is referred to as an /unstable keyword/ or
   a /testing keyword./

Ulrich

[1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/5/pms.html#x1-690007.3.2