List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Introduce global dmalloc USE flag?
From:       Diego_Elio_Pettenò <flameeyes () flameeyes ! eu>
Date:       2013-06-24 10:47:42

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@gentoo.org>wrote:

> To be clear, the justification of USE=dmalloc being separated from
> USE=debug is that it is so "intrusive" than anyone excepts a developer
> would find it too cumbersome to attempt to debug a problem with the
> application ?

I think we already got a number of packages where that holds true. It was
one of the reasons why I did my best to make sure people understand that
debug symbols and nostrip should *not* be conflated with USE=debug.

If I'm not mistaken, app-editors/nano[debug] is hardly usable.

Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flameeyes@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/