List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: Usage of dev-utils/ninja in ebuilds
From:       Ryan Hill <dirtyepic () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2013-05-26 4:23:35

On Sat, 25 May 2013 22:00:36 -0400
Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> On 25/05/13 09:53 PM, Ryan Hill wrote:
> > Is NINJAOPTS a variable recognized by ninja or something that would be
> > Gentoo specific?
>
> MAKEOPTS is Gentoo-specific anyways. MAKEFLAGS is parsed by at least GNU
> make.

Yeah, so I'm saying we should use it if possible before introducing another
variable.  As a user you shouldn't have to know or care what build system a
package uses, or have to set a half dozen variables to get consistent
behaviour.

--
Ryan Hill                        psn: dirtyepic_sk
   gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org

47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E  7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463