List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Should mirror restriction imply bindist restriction?
From:       Mike Frysinger <vapier () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2013-04-26 18:52:09

On Friday 26 April 2013 12:05:10 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> Currently RESTRICT=mirror and RESTRICT=bindist are independent of each
> other. I wonder if the former should imply the latter.
>
> Is there any package where the files in SRC_URI cannot be mirrored
> (i.e., redistributed), but where the built package can be distributed?

i've used RESTRICT=mirror in the past when the files were really large (like
games or toolchain source tarballs) and upstream already had a good mirroring
system.  in both cases, there was no binary redistribution restrictions.

so my answer would be no: we have two independent knobs and let's keep them
that way.
-mike