List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: Any official position from Gentoo about systemd, mdev and udev-static ?
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2012-08-30 7:51:06

Tobias Klausmann posted on Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:03:59 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Thu, 30 Aug 2012, Duncan wrote:
>> Now, for worst-case comparison, on the same machine, what's the
>> respective times for a full systemd build?  (I'm not saying actually
>> merge it, just configure/compile, plus see the next paragraph.)
>
> I think my first set of numbers illustrates that: just running "make"
> should be a full build, AIUI. For that scenario (and the machine in
> question, the factor was somewhere between 9 and 10 times slower for a
> full build.

You're correct.  I was misinterpreting those first numbers as running
what the ebuild ran, but manually, not as a full "make".  So naturally I
came to the wrong conclusion about them and figured the full systemd
build would be even worse!

Thanks for patiently pointing out (again) what they /actually/ covered,
thereby setting me straight.  I will try to read a bit more carefully,
next time. =:^\