List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc-2.16 moving to ~arch
From:       Mike Frysinger <vapier () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2012-08-20 19:30:43

On Monday 20 August 2012 10:54:03 Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Alec Warner <antarus@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >> I agree with your point.  I'm fine with setting deadlines and such,
> >> but my main concern is that the first deadline shouldn't be two days
> >> after it is announced.
> >
> > The tracker has been open since July 4th.
>
> Yes, and it does not contain any deadlines at all (not even the one
> announced on the mailing list).

glibc is on a known release period (~every 6 months).  i posted some time ago
that Gentoo will be rolling along as well:
 - have a version in the stable pipeline
 - have a version in the unstable pipeline
 - have a version in the masked pipeline
as versions in the lower pipeline clear out, the next one will be moving into
place.  so while exact times haven't been posted (because i don't have them),
glibc versions will continue to be released, so maintainers can't sit on their
bugs.  2.15 has gone stable which means there's now room for 2.16 which has
largely settled down.
-mike