List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Fraunhofer FDK license
From:       Ulrich Mueller <ulm () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2012-07-28 19:10:12

> On 07/26/2012 12:45 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
>> Indeed, and this opens another can of worms since (as far as I can see) there
>> are no specific license clauses in the AAC patent license for applications
>> that may be distributed without cost. I.e., licensing fees still apply as "per
>> unit fee".

> Tell me where I should categorize it =)

I believe that I can go to BINARY-REDISTRIBUTABLE. But please check if
the following rules apply here:

# - MAY require explicit inclusion of the license with
#   the distribution [1]
# - IFF there is an explicit inclusion requirement, USE=bindist
#   MUST cause a copy of the license to be installed in a file
#   location compliant with the license,

Ulrich

[1] <http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_6c950b46c50fe72ebc5e650bbf70f77c.xml>