List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] preserve_old_lib and I'm even more lazy
From:       Paul Varner <fuzzyray () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2012-02-29 15:25:42

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 09:45 +0100, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
> On 2/27/12 10:37 PM, Brian Dolbec wrote:
> > > I think somebody pointed some "revdep-rebuild" versions where exiting
> > > with successful code even when failed, was fixed version stabilized?
> >
> > No, it is only in -9999 so far.  It has not been released in a -0.3*
> > ebuild yet.
> >
> > The last patch to revdep-rebuild fixing return codes is:
> >
> > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gentoolkit.git;a=commit;h=3e51df74595c535656ef9f38bf7a577a4f64d0f5
> >
> > from 11 days ago.
>
> If the maintainers of the package in question do not consider it
> important enough to do a release (not even mentioning stabilization), I
> don't think this is blocking.
>
> Any further objections? (I'm going to listen)

Yes, you are going to break systems if you do this change.  If you
really want to do this before we have a fixed gentoolkit to support it,
then put yourself in the tools-portage herd and handle all of the bugs
that arise out of the change.

I just did a new release of gentoolkit-0.3.0.5 with the fixes in them so
that you could do this change once it gets stable.

Regards,
Paul