List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About gcc-4.6 unmasking
From:       Richard Yao <ryao () cs ! stonybrook ! edu>
Date:       2012-02-21 1:37:39

Ryan,

I took a look at the problem cited in your bug report. I suggest
compiling sys-boot/grub with CFLAGS="-O0 -ggdb3", attaching gdb to
grub-install and then watching what happens in the debugger. If you
compare runs with a GCC 4.5.3 built stage2 and a GCC 4.6.2 built
stage2, you should be able to find the bug.

Yours truly,
Richard Yao