List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] [Council] ChangeLog generation within Gentoo
From:       Michael Haubenwallner <haubi () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2011-10-27 7:34:24

On 10/26/11 19:33, Bruno wrote:
> In order to not bloat the tree I would like to see old entries purged
> when there are more than 25-50 of them, especially if they refer to
> ebuilds gone since more than 3-6 months.

One thing to remember:

Even if old ebuilds are gone in the tree already, they still may be
installed on users systems. As a result, 'emerge --changelog' searches
for their addition-entries in ChangeLog.

So when purging ChangeLog's really becomes necessary, we might need to
keep the addition-entries back to until a once-been-stable ebuild was
superseded by another stable ebuild more than 1 year ago - or sth. similar.

my 0.02 [€$?]

/haubi/
--
Michael Haubenwallner