List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] arch teams and better tools
From:       Rich Freeman <rich0 () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2011-05-24 11:14:50

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:39 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
<phajdan.jr@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 5/22/11 11:33 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
>> I would also like to see a minimal webpage ( under
>> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/tools? ) which would describe how
>> to use these tools on daily basis to deal with the bug workload. That
>> will help the rest of us integrate your scripts to our workflow and
>> be more efficient.
>
> I'll think about that, and it's definitely a good idea. It's just still
> early in development, but after the discussion about more automated
> testing I decided to post what I have ("release early, release often")
> to avoid possible duplication of work.

A guide of some sort would definitely be appreciated.  If a few devs
have worked out a super-efficient way of doing stabilizations without
making mistakes it would be nice if everybody else had the option to
do the same without having to stumble around finding it.

Along the same lines - some kind of gentoo dev tips page might be
useful if anybody cared to start creating one.  I have a few
scripts/aliases that I've made use of (often passed along from
somebody else or snipped from a list).  Perhaps not every new
developer knows that they can run "qlist ${1} | xargs scanelf -L -n -q
-F '%n #F' | tr , ' ' | xargs qfile -C | sort -u" to get a starting
list of package dependencies.

Rich