List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk 3 preparation work
From:       Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2011-03-28 16:14:03

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Hans de Graaff <graaff@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 00:22 +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
>
>> The script I use to generate these lists is:
>>
>> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gnome.git;a=blob;f=scripts/slot_rindex.py;hb=HEAD
>>

> Looks like it includes dependencies such as =gtkhtml-2*, even though
> these should be safe without an explicit slot. See e.g.
> dev-ruby/ruby-gtkhtml.

okay, I changed the script a bit, and made it check the cpvs matched
for =cat/pkg-ver* deps, and if the slots for them all are the same,
it's assigned to the proper slot-dep. So that fixes this problem.

I added this because a *LOT* of really old EAPI=0 packages were
depending on =x11-libs/gtk+-1.2*, which was polluting the list.

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team