List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: On hosting self-produced distfiles
From:       Enrico Weigelt <weigelt () metux ! de>
Date:       2011-01-31 0:48:10

* Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@gmail.com> schrieb:

> GitHub _used_ to be broken and provide non-stable downloads, but they
> have since fixed that and the download of a tag will always have the
> same SHA512 digest, so it's just fine.

That's great. How exactly did they do that ?

IIRC one of the problems is/was that both tar and gz might not
be strictly deterministic (same input content might produce
differing tarball output) - am I wrong here ?

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666