List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Stabilisation exceptions
From:       Ryan Hill <dirtyepic () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2011-01-28 2:18:36

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:30:12 +0000
Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:19:51 -0600
> Jeremy Olexa <darkside@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >  Probably OT, sorry. Isn't it time we gained this concept of "noarch"
> >  for packages that only install text files or packages that don't
> > compile anything...
>
> No, since there's no such thing as an app that's guaranteed to be
> portable.

Good thing he said package then, not app. :P Text, pdf, html, image, or
icon-only installing packages having no dependencies don't really need
arch-specific keywords.  I'd rather we just ignore keywording policies for
these packages rather than introduce a new keyword though.

--
fonts, gcc-porting,                  it makes no sense how it makes no sense
toolchain, wxwidgets                           but i'll take it free anytime