List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: cmake, ELF DT_NEEDED, sonames, and libcblas... Help!!!
From:       Diego Elio =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Petten=F2?= <flameeyes () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-29 23:46:57

Il giorno lun, 29/11/2010 alle 22.57 +0100, Andreas K. Huettel ha
scritto:

> I have a personal suspicion, namely that libcblas.so is (on my
> system)
> actually (symlinked to) libgslcblas.so.0, and that maybe cmake reacts
> because
> the library filename is not equal its SONAME. Does this make sense?
> And if
> yes, what can I do about it?

No. As I have written already [1] & [2], there is no need for the
filename and the soname to be related at all

What I think the problem could be here is that libblas and
libcblas/libgslcblas provide two different interfaces; clapack finds
itself fine with libblas, but it doesn't find the required symbols in
libcblas, so --as-needed discards the linking.

I don't think I have the libraries around, maybe the tinderbox.
Otherwise prod me on IRC/Jabber, it's faster, then we can post the
results.

[1] http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2010/10/08/linkers-and-names
[2]
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2009/10/27/a-shared-library-by-any-other-name

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — "Flameeyes"
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/