List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Gentoo's plan to remove .la files
From:       Denis Dupeyron <calchan () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2010-10-31 16:31:36

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
<jmbsvicetto@gentoo.org> wrote:
> As decided in the last council's meeting, following the recent
> discussions about .la files removal, I'm sending an email to this list
> with a proposal for a plan to address this issue.

1- Why is a proposal sent to gentoo-dev-announce? Shouldn't that
rather be worked out before being announced? Or is there some context
that the ordinary user or developer is missing?

2- Sending to both gentoo-dev and gentoo-council makes sure that this
splits into twice as many threads as it would have. Good luck with
merging them after that.

Denis.