List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Wiki(es) for Gentoo ?!
From:       Alex Legler <a3li () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2010-08-21 10:35:37

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 02:37:49 +0200, Thilo Bangert <bangert@gentoo.org>
wrote:

> Alex Legler <a3li@gentoo.org> said:
> > On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 23:01:42 +0200, Thilo Bangert
> > <bangert@gentoo.org>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > can somebody summarize what the status is for one or more wikies
> > > for gentoo - its users and/or its developers or whatever.
> > >
> > > I can see this:
> > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/wiki/
> >
> > There was a meeting (logs on this list) where the goals of the
> > project were discussed and defined. Things like policies are still
> > to be discussed.
>
> uh - hhm. cant seem to find it. will look further, when i'm fully
> awake tomorrow.

You'll find it in Message-ID:
<AANLkTimieYI0tgYPRoJDCJFR8rmlT_a_meUL3wsqSQFc@mail.gmail.com> from
hwoarang:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang/files/meeting-1-log.txt

> would be great to link to stuff like this from the
> project page, though.

done

> > Infra has hardware ready and I have started building a set of git
> > repos with the mediawiki sources for it.
> >
> > The testing wiki I host needs fixing because of a PHP update. I'll
> > try to get to that this weekend.
>
> great  - let me know.

should be up now again:
http://gentoowiki.a3li.li/index.php?title=Main_Page

> > > I'd like to know what and where someone interested in this could
> > > help. Thanks.
> >
> > Get the team to meet again and do the boring work (policies!).
>
> ok
>
> > Or if you're into PHP talk to me about helping with the sources.
>
> do you have a TODO document laying around somewhere? i talk PHP from
> time to time.

Not really, and on second thought laying out the initial structure is
not something multiple people should/could work on.

Why don't you join #gentoo-wiki, and add yourself to the wiki@ alias,
I'll announce progress there.

Alex

--