List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Council Agenda proposal for upcoming 2010-07-26 meeting
From:       Alex Alexander <wired () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2010-07-24 23:55:57

Hi,

following is the Council Agenda proposal for the upcoming meeting on
Monday, July 26th.

* allow all members to show up (5 min)
** vote **
	add --as-needed to default profile's LDFLAGS
** discuss / vote **
	- required-use: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/required-use.html
	- review eclass removal policy
		should it be 2 years since portage 2.1.4.4 went stable?
	- should there a policy about eclass API changes?
	- use of invalid DEPEND atom "EAPI_TOO_OLD" instead of calling die in
		global scope on eclasses
		http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_dee3aab5e8c840ed3fa4add9c7d74b97.xml
			and replies
	- mailing lists
		should we post council agenda to -council? -dev? -project?
		some devs suggest we should cross-post to -dev and -council
			but not everyone likes cross-posting as it can lead to fragmentation
		Petteri suggested punting -council and using -project instead
* go through bugs assigned to council@g.o
* open floor: listen to developers

---

If you have something urgent not included above, please reply to this
thread.

---

Note that I haven't added a duration to anything but the rollcall.

Instead, I recommend we follow a 10 minutes per topic rule.

If a topic's discussion passes the 10 minute mark without reaching a
decision, we move further discussion to the mailing lists.

If we need to vote for that topic, we move it to the next agenda
with a *vote* flag.

Items with a *vote* flag cannot be moved a second time (unless there's
new data to consider), so they must be settled at that agenda's meeting,
in an attempt to avoid endless discussions.

What do you think?

--
Alex Alexander :: wired
Gentoo Developer