List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] (infra) rsync updates and distfile
From:       Richard Freeman <rich0 () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2010-05-21 2:08:10

On 05/20/2010 01:46 PM, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> Why is gentoo-core is not enough? I thought all devs were expected to
> follow -core, no exceptions made.

Well, unless something is sensitive it probably doesn't belong on -core.
  In the spirit of openness we really should have very little traffic on
-core (which happily is the case).

Now, if the announcement included somebody in infra's cell phone number
of something as a contact then of course that would be -core material.

If you want all devs to get something -dev-announce is the right forum,
unless it is sensitive.

Rich