List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] [Gentoo Phoenix] an official Gentoo wiki
From:       George Prowse <george.prowse () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-14 2:03:02

On 10/04/2010 19:04, Vincent Launchbury wrote:
> On 04/10/10 11:25, William Hubbs wrote:
>> Yes, it does. However, I would tend to question how practical their
>> audio captcha is. Go to www.captcha.net and try the demo a few
>> times and see how much luck you have solving audio captchas from it.
>
> Just for reference, I tried 15 different sound clips and got 5 right. 9
> were completely incomprehensible, 1 was fuzzy, and the other 5 were
> quite clear.
>
> I'd agree that accessibility is important, but if a better solution
> doesn't end up working out, ReCaptcha should at least provide access for
> blind users, albeit inefficiently.

I was just at Microsoft's site for the hotfix download to fix the
Advanced Local Procedure Call problem in Server 2008R2 and you need to
enter a captcha to get the link sent to your email address.

Just as I was about to enter it I thought I would listen to it just for
the hell of it... I couldn't understand a thing, it sounded like two
ferrets fighting infront of a de-tuned radio.

Whatever system the wiki and the forums have we better make it sure it
is the right one because there would be nothing worse than going to a
site and finding you can't use it because of a rubbish captcha system.