List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Qt3 deprecation and removal policy
From:       Ben de Groot <yngwin () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2009-12-31 15:13:48

2009/12/31 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org>:
> I really don't support anykind of USE="qt3" masking either before all
> the bugs are opened there, can't take such shortcuts. IMHO. Specially
> when it would break the tree, one second glance and I can see e.g.
> stable gnucash for alpha needing aqbanking with USE qt3 enabled.

Okay, so maybe this needs to be delayed. But our basic policy stands:
wherever qt3 is an option, this option should now be removed.
Obviously, where it would break the stable tree we need to work out
solutions first. So maybe we should start doing a more selective
package.use.mask.

Also, I would like to see a list of packages where this would be a
problem. I just filed a new tracker for all packages with qt3 use
deps: 299127. Please everyone, file bugs for such packages and let
them block this tracker.

Thanks,
--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)