List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: News item for default-linux removal (bug
From:       Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2009-10-23 4:59:10

On 10:52 Wed 21 Oct     , Alec Warner wrote:
> I'm trying to avoid using 'you' in the announcement which is why all
> the rewording.

I encourage informal language and speaking directly to the users. Use of
"you" and "we" helps us to better connect with users through the
documentation. It also has the nice benefit of avoiding stilted
formalities and awkwardness like "one should do this..." or trying to
use "people should" or "users should".

--
Thanks,
Donnie