List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev]  Re: KDE Team Meeting - October 2009
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2009-10-22 0:36:46

Maciej Mrozowski posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:59:56 +0200 as excerpted:

> 1. Proposition to split desktop profile to: KDE, Gnome, (and maybe some
> others).
> That being said active presence of some Gnome guys would be most
> appreciated.

With that under discussion, what about a kde (or full desktop profile
tree) amd64 no-multilib profile?

I've been using no-multilib for some time, but it doesn't have a desktop
subprofile.  With multi-parent cascading, it shouldn't be difficult to
create one, kde specifically or desktop.  Just having the appropriate
no-multilib and kde or desktop as parents should do it I think.  That
should take care of masking the 32-bit-only stuff and setting libdir and
whatever, plus setting grub-static as default system bootloader, which is
more or less what no-multilib does, AFAIK.