List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev]  Re: DistroWatch and Gentoo packages: status quo
From:       Alex Legler <a3li () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2009-09-13 21:54:29

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:25:19 -0500, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where are these referrer logs?  I don't recall ever doing one of
> those.

They are in the web server logs. Apache includes them in the "combined"
log format, or you can add them in a custom log format.

So cooperation with Infra is required for this sort of analysis.

> Hasn't it been said before that Gentoo polls are pretty difficult to
> do and not very accurate?

I fail to see the difficulty of both creating and filling out a survey
on a forums post.
Also, accuracy is always an issue when doing online surveys as people
can submit it multiple times, and there's always the kids that just
click something out of boredom. Don't think that problem is specific to
Gentoo polls.

Alex