List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Add operator + for licenses (EAPI-4 ?)
From:       Zac Medico <zmedico () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2009-09-05 1:06:09

Sebastian Pipping wrote:
>> However, a
>> group will not add the information in the ebuild. In other words, I will
>> have GPL-2 and GPL-3 with GPL-2+ in ACCEPT_LICENSE but I will not have
>> GPL-2+ packages if i set only GPL-3 in ACCEPT_LICENSE.
>
> I propose support for license groups in ebuilds then, I guess.

That seems like a reasonable solution. So, an ebuild can do
something like LICENSE="@GPL-2+" and that will expand to whatever
the definition of the GPL-2+ license group happens to be. When a new
version of GPL license comes out, we simple add it to that group,
and none of the corresponding ebuilds have to be updated.

--
Thanks,
Zac