List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposal for flag-o-matic.eclass (append-ldflags)
From:       Mike Frysinger <vapier () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2009-08-28 20:08:59

On Sunday 14 December 2008 16:39:17 Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Jeremy Olexa <darkside@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > I am seeking a positive code review on the following change to
> > flag-o-matic.eclass, diff is below (reasons are below that):
>
> Er, cancel that. The proposed patch isn't robust enough to catch
> something like "append-ldflags -Wl,--bad-flag"

sounds like we need a test-flag-LD() func that can go the extra mile

> As such, we will leave
> it local to Gentoo Prefix until we can come up with a better idea.

stick it behind userland_GNU ?  i dont mind extending append-ldflags in such a
way, but the "pro" you listed originally (protect users from typos in ebuilds)
isnt a pro in my book -- it should fail.

i.e. something like:
append-ldflags() {
	use userland_GNU || set -- $(test-flag-LD "$@")
}