List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Automated Package Removal and Addition
From:       "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2 () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2009-07-29 1:37:29

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 08:29:03PM -0400, James Cloos wrote:
> It would be a bit easier to read if there were a third section in
> the tracker for renames, rather than having them in the Removals
> and Additions sections.
The detection tool runs solely based on the CVSROOT 'History' file.
Based on that alone, we cannot detect a rename reliably.

If something gets renamed or removed in quick sucession, the updates
tracking files can be out of date as well

> Obviously the syntax of each line would have to be different; perhaps
> something like the {old⇒new} syntax would allow each change to be on
> a single line in a (human+machine)-readable fashion?
Two sets of output are already provide. One for humans, and one for
machines.

P.S. I am on the mailing list, you do not need to CC me.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy