List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: Baselayout 2 stabilisation todo
From:       Christian Faulhammer <fauli () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2009-05-25 20:13:31

Hi,

Roy Marples <roy@marples.name>:
> If there is a real drive to make OpenRC stable then I suggest that I
> roll openrc-0.5.0 out sometime this week and try to roll rc events
> into 0.6.0, the embedded stubs into 0.7.0 and we'll go from there.

 Sounds fine to me.  I don't want to press anything, just some kind of
plan would be fine so we can work towards a goal.

> I know that Cardoe has been busy in RL of late and I've never pressed
> or been pressed into considering it stable. However, real bug reports
> and new feature implementations have slowed somewhat, so either it's
> Ready For Stable or no-ones using it.

 I am using it productively on many systems even before the split-off
to OpenRC.  And bringing such a crucial piece of software to stable is
a hard task.  I have some experience in working with the surroundings
from some GCC stabilisations so I can lend a hand here and be a
pathfinder in stableland to prepare everything there.

V-Li

<URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>