List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] ECONF-OPTIONS (Was: PMS EAPI 3 more or less ready)
From:       Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-23 17:32:30

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 20:25:14 +0300
Mart Raudsepp <leio@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Yes, and in the real world, if you change / whilst something is
> > compiling, things break.
>
> Except with dependency tracking they might not.

Disabling dependency tracking will merely change "broken, in a way that
may or may not end up being visible" to "broken, in a way that may or
may not (under slightly different parameters) end up being visible.

> I believe you forgot the topic of --enable-fast-install.

Really, I'm in the 'whatever' camp on both of the econf things. I'm
happy presenting arguments that have already been made, and debunking
any untrue claims I happen to notice, but beyond that on this one I'm
happy to just see it go to vote...

--
Ciaran McCreesh