List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 3 PMS Draft
From:       Fabian Groffen <grobian () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2009-03-27 9:40:58

On 16-03-2009 20:47:17 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> I've got a very rough draft of what EAPI 3 might end up looking like,
> based upon discussion:
>
>     http://github.com/ciaranm/pms/tree/eapi-3

I would like to request the following to be included in EAPI 3, as
preparation for more Prefix friendly ebuilds compatible with gentoo-x86:

- The variable EPREFIX to be set in all phases, and at all times.
  Because this is a preparation stage, EPREFIX is just set and
  intialised to the empty string.
- The variable ED, available in src_install, pkg_preinst and
  pkg_postinst, and set to ${D}${EPREFIX}.
- The variable EROOT, available in pkg_*[1], set to ${ROOT}${EPREFIX}.

[1] this is copied from PMS, Table 11.1, in general, EROOT needs to be
available where currently ROOT is.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level