List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Please review: poppler.eclass
From:       Peter Alfredsen <loki_val () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2009-03-25 19:29:50

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:34:01 +0100
Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Dne středa 25 Březen 2009 19:25:02 Peter Alfredsen napsal(a):
> I will just pick parts with notes. Some of them apply on more
> places :]
>
> > # @ECLASS-VARIABLE: HOMEPAGE
> > # HOMEPAGE is set to http://poppler.freedesktop.org
> > HOMEPAGE="http://poppler.freedesktop.org/"
> Why you describe the variable with default value? it shows up default
> value in the eclassdoc based on the real HOMEPAGE value, so it is
> just duplicating :]

Fixed. Thanks. Also added @ECLASS and generally made eclass-manpages
like it.

> > 's#$(top_builddir)/poppler/libpoppler.la#-lpoppler#' \
> > $(find . -type f -name 'Makefile.in') || die "Failed to sed proper lib into
> > Makefile.am"
> Are you sure that the find is safe with something like space in the
> path? ;]

Not a problem in this case. Known working-environment.

> > 	econf 	--disable-static		\
[...]
> > 		${POPPLER_CONF}			\
> > 		|| die "configuration failed"
> No need for die, it dies itself.

Fixed.

(The reason why I don't use inherited functions is that I want
everything to be explicit, available in one eclass, so I don't have to
hunt through all the inherited eclasses to see which function is
actually being used. It doesn't hurt to do it dumb-but-simple in
eclasses.)

/loki_val