List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: bzr.eclass
From:       Brian Harring <ferringb () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-24 12:18:08

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 08:45:28PM +0100, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
> > if [[ ${EBZR_REPO_URI} == */* ]]; then
> > 	repository="${EBZR_REPO_URI}/${EBZR_BRANCH}"
> > elif [[ -n ${EBZR_BRANCH} ]] ; then
> > else
> > fi
> >
> > If I see this correctly, this appends EBZR_BRANCH if there is a slash
> > in the REPO_URI ... what kind of guess is this supposed to be? I
> > think, the second test (append iff EBZR_BRANCH is set) should be
> > sufficient.
>
>  Not sure, though I will investigate (and likely drop it).

Kindly drop that; the REPO_URI/BRANCH seperation that is in use there
really isn't all that useful for bzr ebuilds in my experience- more
often then not it winds up biting me in the ass rather then being
useful.

My usage (and understanding of bzr), there isn't a scenario where
seperation of the repo and branch applies- you only need the branch
uri, that encompasses it all (unlike cvs, where this probably was
inherited from).

So... any reason to even have the var seperation like that?

~harring