List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for how to handle stable ebuilds
From:       Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2008-12-11 5:37:26

On 13:13 Mon 10 Nov     , Mark Loeser wrote:
> Instead of addressing archs as being slackers or not, this addresses it
> as a more granular layer of looking at ebuilds.  Thanks to Richard
> Freeman for the initial proposal that I based this off of.  Please give me
> feedback on this proposal, if you think it sucks (preferably with an
> explanation why), or if you think it might work.

I'm not convinced why this needs to happen, because there's no reasoning
behind it here. There needs to be rationale for why this should happen
with pros and cons. dang mentioned a few pros from the maintainer side,
the arch team ones are pretty easy to come up with.

--
Thanks,
Donnie

Donnie Berkholz