List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev]  Re: [RFC] New keywords for non-Gentoo Linux
From:       Fabian Groffen <grobian () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2008-10-21 19:01:13

On 21-10-2008 16:09:12 +0200, Tiziano Müller wrote:
> > As "Gentoo Solaris" would not be the same as "Gentoo Prefix on Solaris",
> > it should not share the *-solaris keywords used for Prefix via the same
> > KEYWORDS-setting.
> what about a new generic schema like: CPU-OS[-prefix] with the possibility
> of shell expansion in KEYWORDS to have something like this:
> KEYWORDS="{x86,sparc}-linux" or KEYWORDS="linux: x86 sparc ppc freebsd: x86
> sparc solaris-prefix: sparc" ?

Such thing sort of solve the problem with multi-line keywords, but might
complicate matters which do not justify the cosmetic advantage?

Having prefix as tag in a keyword isn't such a bad idea, perhaps, since
one should really see them as separate from non-prefixed in certain
cases.  So far we just solved problems via the profiles or newly
introduced prefix? conditionals.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level